Ragnar!







Its been awhile since I posted, but I just came back from the most amazing experience so I had to share.  I just ran Ragnar with some amazing people, and am currently experiencing what I can only call a "Ragnar hangover".  Ragnar is a 190 mile running relay from Blaine to S. Whidbey Island made up of teams of 12 people, broken up into two 6 person vans.  My van had such a blast running together, getting delusional after not sleeping, and stinking up our little van together.  It felt like going to summer camp as a kid, where you get to know people so well in a short period of time, and there is no way of recreating the experience.  Also, the running was amazing.  I ran in Birch Bay, Burlington and Oak Harbor.  All beautiful runs, and totally different.  My first run was 6.8 miles, almost half of which were on the beach.  Unfortunately, I pushed myself a little too hard, and it was pouring rain, so it wasn't my favorite run.  But, I am proud of my sub-8 mile pace that I kept for 6.8 miles.  My second run was 5.7 miles near fields and a tiny airport in Burlington, I kept about an 8 minute pace, and it was peaceful, beautiful, and I felt powerful.  I started running around 8:30 at night, and it felt awesome to run at that time.  Best run ever.  My third run was in Oak Harbor, and my legs were starting to quit on me.  It was only 3.1 miles, but my right hamstring was pretty wound tight.  It was hilly, and I was tired, but I still ran a 25 minute 3.1, so that was great.  It was bittersweet to be done, even though I was exhausted.  I am definitely doing this next year!  Hopefully with some of the same people!

No comments:

Post a Comment